Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baby food waste and compost

If you're going to try baby lead weaning or any kind of finger food with your kids, may I suggest composting? We have been composting for years now. If you have a yard, it's easy enough to get a plastic bin or make one out of chicken wire then just mix veg/fruit scraps with leaves/paper. And I have actually seen compost bins around our neighborhood in Montreal so it seems you could compost even if you don't have a yard.  We almost virtually have no wet trash because of it. That is our trash is just packaging, etc. We recycle and compost which takes care of a lot of our waste.  Everytime my little guy gums some fruit up and doesn't quite finish it, I feel just fine putting into our little compost bucket. Plus, next year, I'll add it to my little garden so I can show my babe how plants and food grows. It's the urban hippie in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment