Monday, October 21, 2013

Boob bites

My baby's first tooth started to show almost a month ago to the day. And this morning I felt the second one. Bite down hard on my boob. My nipple to be more exact. I did what I heard was best to do, say no sternly and put the baby down. He'd look at me with lit up eyes and a big smile thinking my stern voice was a game. After I put him down, he got upset so I picked him up again and tried again. Ouch! and one more time. Ouch! so we went about our day.

Then came nap time in which my babe likes to be nursed a little just before. This time it was 4 bites. Same excited reaction from my no. Same stern reaction from me. This time I put him in his crib each time. So it took 7 good chomps before my baby understood. He nursed a lot today and most of the day was very good.

Parenting is hard and wonderful business.

No comments:

Post a Comment